Past News & Trends
Zona Tortona Special
- the name Zona Tortona has become very famous in Milan thanks to the Salone del Mobile and the numerous Fashion Weeks. Few people know about the
historical side of this area
and how really different this area was as an industrial manufacturing core. The area nowadays, except for those "Special" Fashion & Design weeks, is quite a trend setting spot and worth a visit either during the day or in the evening. So take a walk along
Zona Tortona on an ordinary day.
In Arte Buddha-The Philosophy and Art of Shinjo Ito:
exhibitions and events dedicated to Buddhist artist Shinjo Ito.
A Visit to Chinatown
- Milan’s Chinatown is not as picturesque as the one in London and not as big as the one in New York but still it is worth a visit.
EXPO 2015 - Milano has won!!
- The biggest and most fabulous news is that Milan has been selected as the host city for the EXPO 2015. The theme chosen is "Feeding the Planet. Energy for Life", two very powerful and challenging goals. For the city of Milan, this means working hard on improving not only the city itself but also the infrastructure in and around the entire provence.
The Cracco Coffee Design
- is a new museum cafeteria which will soon become the “In” place to meet your friends for a morning coffee or a light lunch while visiting the new Design Museum or a current exhibition.
Design Museum of Milan
- Did you know that Milan finally has its own Design Museum at the Triennale di Milano? After years and years of discussions and attempts to bring it all together, Milan has opened its own wonderful design museum and it is well worth your attention.
The ECOPASS is introduced in the city center
- the first tax of its kind in Italy, Major Moratti hopes to reduce pollution and traffic in the city center.
Summer in Milano - Idroscalo
- every summer the Province of Milan organizes a full calendar of events in the area called "Idroscalo" - a large artificial lake and park near Linate airport.
- Here is your chance to get great buys on all the summer fashions, shoes, and accessories. Discounts of 30% - 70% off your favorite brands! Don't miss it.
Canova at the Czar's Court
- a superb collection of classical sculptures on loan from the prestigious Hermitage in St. Petersburg.
Francis Bacon in Milan
- before being shown in London, Madrid and New York, the Irish artist is displayed here in Milan. Don't miss it!
Design Library Café
- A new design bar in the Zona Tortona for a morning cappucino, a healthy lunch or a pleasant dinner.
BACI for Moms and Kids by Cioccolato Perugina
-A sweet Mother's Day for Moms and Kids, May 10th at the Triennale di Milano meet experts from the Cioccolato Perugina school.
Giacomo Balla - Futurist Artist
- Original works spanning the career of one of the greatest Futurist artisits.
- over 250 unforgettable images tracing the story of this great photographer from his early years to his death.
Water = Life
-"Water as a sustainable resource", this is the theme and project challenge given to two Italian universities by their professors Cintya Concari and Robeto Marcatti.
Salone Del Mobile - Milan Furniture Fair
- already in its 47th edition, the "Grand" Milano Furniture Fair has just ended. Designers and buyers from all over the world met here from April 16th – 22nd. Read more..
Contemporary Italian Jewelry Exhibit
- In a splendid setting of the Sforzesco Castle, this exhibition on Contemporary Italian Jewelry - "Gioiello italiano contemporaneo" , showed the marvelous creativity, craftsmanship, and technical innovation of Italian jewelry designers and manufacturers.
Vietato Non Toccare
- Children from 2 to 6 years old are invited to "touch" and discover new sensations by playing along the exhibition path.
Anni 70 - The 70's Exhbition
-The 70's in Italy through the eyes of those who lived them. Come and Re-live the emotions with them.
- the Carnevale season is now over, see what happened.
-the most famous chefs have come to Milan to show off their expertise.
- the Trikeles shop opens and brings a bit of Sicily to Milan.
Past News & Trends
Easter Holidays & The Egg
- The Easter holidays are special in Italy with lots of varieties of Chocolate Easter eggs. Read about other traditions like the "Colomba" Easter cake.
Is it almost Spring in Milan ?
- The days are getting longer, and the temperature is rising, the city is preparing for an intense few months of business events from Fashion, to Tourism to Design.
MELTING POT bookshop
-has changed its address. MELTING POT can now be found near the Due Basiliche in Via Vettabbia, 3.
- are still one of the hottest trends in Milan.
MICAM and MIPEL
- read about our experiences at the shoe and bag fair.
- discover the latest trends from the alternative fashion fair WHITE.
- Slowhite was the part of the WHITE fair dedicated to ecological fashion. Find out what was going on.
Koko Bottoli Autumn/Winter 2007 Collection
MY-MILANO.COM visited the private preview of Koko Bottoli's Autumn/Winter 2007 bag and belt collection.
Knit Café in Milan
- Like to try your hand at Knitting? This new "Knitting Fad" has got a large following in Milan.
Back to In & On